Rappaport Public Policy Summer Fellowship
The Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston encourages graduate students to spend part of their careers in public service through a paid, 10-week summer internship in key state and local agencies in the Greater Boston area. Fellows, who represent all graduate schools in Greater Boston, participate in a weekly seminar series with leading practitioners and scholars and receive a $7,000 stipend for the summer. The fellowship program is a key component of The Rappaport Institute, which aims to improve the governance of Greater Boston by promoting emerging leaders, stimulating informed discussion, and producing new ideas.
Information Sessions at Northeastern
- November 6, 8:00 – 9:00 am | 750 Behrakis
- November 8, 6:00 – 7:00 pm | 271 Ryder Hall
- Attend an informational session at your campus this fall. We are currently working to have at least one informational session at the following campuses this fall. More details will be released as they are confirmed this fall. Please check the Rappaport Institute website for updates and information.
- Contact Polly O’Brien at 617-495-5091 or by email with any questions you might have.
- Explore the Public Policy Summer Fellowship pages for more detailed information. If you still have questions, please attend one of our information sessions or contact Polly O’Brien at 617-495-5091 or by email.
- A cover letter, addressed to Mr. David Luberoff, Executive Director of the Rappaport Institute, that includes a list of issues and public agencies that interest you;
- A resume;
- A statement of 500 to 1,000 words that describes an public policy issue or issues that you would be interested in working on, why the issue interests you and some preliminary thoughts on a project for the summer; and
- A writing sample, two to five pages in length, from any work that represents your ability to explore complex policy issues.
Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston
Kennedy School of Government
79 John F. Kennedy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138