Here are a collection of technology resources and links for faculty members.
Resources Available through the University
Academic Technology Services
Within the Information Services Division is a unit called “Academic Technology Services.” This unit includes a number of subdepartments including the Education Technology Center.
Education Technology Center
One of the best places for technology resources is the Education Technology Center. Their overall website is at
However, a particularly useful page on their website features a long list of how-to’s.
The bullets are listed below, but their page features descriptions under each bullet.
- Digital Story Telling – First Person Narratives
- Building Mashups From Multiple Data Sources
- Podcasting 1: Recording Your Lecture
- Podcasting 2: Enhancing Your Lecture
- Rich Media Sharing and Integration (Flickr, YouTube, Slideshare)
- Creating a Digital Story
- Getting Started with Blackboard
- Disruption Planning
- Online Participation Guidelines
- Managing Online Discussions
- Developing a Podcast
- Google Earth
- Connecting Your Classroom with Facebook
- Can Blogs and the Popular Media Help Educators? Working with Numb3rs
- Turning Point Demo – Clicker Technology
- Integrating Clickers in the Classroom at Northeastern
- TaskStream Demonstration
- Digital Photography – Tips for Taking Great Pictures
- Teaching with PowerPoint
- Description of Turning Technologies Products
- TurningPoint PowerPoint – Clicker Training
- TurningPoint Anywhere – Clicker Training
- Build your personal learning network with Twitter, Ning and Delicious
- What are Clickers and How Can I Use Them in Large Classes?
- How can I design an effective Digital media assignment?
- Google Forms
- BB9 Journals, Blogs and Wikis
- Google Docs
- Quick Response (QR) Code
- How To Use TaskStream Eportfolios
- Google Chat