How to Apply
Applications are accepted to the program year-round for the Fall and Spring terms via Northeastern’s ApplyYourself on-line system. Once you have completed your application, you will generally receive a decision within two weeks.
U.S citizens or permanent residents can elect to do any of the program options – Boston, Seattle, or 100% online. We strongly advise you to apply at least 1 month prior to the state date of the program. To be considered for Fall admission, please submit an application by August 25th. For Spring admission, please submit an application by December 15th.
International students needing visa sponsorship should apply by June 1 for Fall admission and October 1 for Spring admission. This is an important guideline, as it will ensure that the visa processing forms are completed in a timely manner. International students can only be admitted for fall and spring semesters on our Boston campus.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendations
- Unofficial transcripts from all of the institutions that you have attended. Official transcripts are required of all admitted applicants within 30 days of matriculation.
- GRE scores are not required!
- International students from non-English speaking countries must submit TOEFL/IELTS scores unless they obtained their degree from an English speaking country or institution. A minimum TOEFL score of 90 or higher is required, which is equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.5.
Please fill out the form below which will alert The Bioinformatics staff that you are submitting an application. After you “Send” a receipt confirmation will appear at the bottom of the page. You will also see a red “Begin Application” link.
The Begin Application link will direct you to Northeastern’s ApplyYourself on-line system. Prospective Master’s in Bioinformatics students must apply on-line using the ApplyYourself on-line system. Please do not hesitate to contact us or the College of Science Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We look forward to receiving your application! In the meantime, please contact us with any questions and/or to arrange for a time when you can visit or talk with us.